- "A pedestrian hit me and went under my car."
- "The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention."
- "I had been learning to drive with power steering. I turned the wheel to what I thought was enough and found myself in a different direction going the opposite way."
- "Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have."
- "No one was to blame for the accident, but it never would have happened if the other driver had been alert."
- "The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran over him."
- "I saw the slow-moving, sad-faced old gentleman as he bounced off the hood of my car."
- "He applied brake and his car stopped, I applied brake and my car didn't stop."
- "The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him."
- "An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my vehicle, and vanished."
- "I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him."
- "To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian."
- "When I could not avoid a collision, I stepped on the gas and crashed into the other car."
- "I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way."
- "In my attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole."
- "As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident."
- "The telephone pole was approaching fast. I was attempting to swerve out of its path when it struck my front end."
Humorous excuses, yeah. True, yet sad!ReplyDelete
Let me add the one I got from an old lady who had been tail-gaiting me for about a mile and a half until she finally rear-ended MY car. (I didn't get pushed into anyone) This was on a 2-lane road with stop and go morning traffic. Nobody was going anywhere fast, except her, I guess...
She hit pretty hard too, and though she had been tailgating - I was still shocked when she'd hit!
But when we talked she said all this. "Sorry, I wasn't looking! I bent down for a couple of minutes to rummage through my compartment to find a cough drop, I didn't think I could hit you! Let's don't report this, OKAY? I've got so many against my record already!"
Then she continues on to try and tell me that it was the fault of this truck that was 3 cars ahead of mine - because he was just driving way too slow!
It was a 40 mile per hour hilly road with numerous residentail streets off each side - with school busses running! And she was late for work... No passing on the road either!
"The street car (tram, electric trolley car) swerved off its tracks into my lane and sideswiped me."ReplyDelete
"I didn't see the train in time for me to stop because I was distracted by this crazy guy in the middle of the road waving a red flag."