- you can identify universities by their internet domains.
- you are constantly looking for a thesis in novels.
- you have difficulty reading anything that doesn't have footnotes.
- the concept of free time scares you.
- you consider caffeine to be a major food group.
- you've ever brought books with you on vacation and actually studied.
- Saturday nights spent studying no longer seem weird.
- the professor doesn't show up to class and you discuss the readings anyway.
- you've ever travelled across two state lines specifically to go to a library.
- you appreciate the fact that you get to choose which twenty hours out of the day you have to work.
- you still feel guilty about giving students low grades (you'll get over it).
- you can read course books and cook at the same time.
- you schedule events for academic vacations so your friends can come.
- you hope it snows during spring break so you can get more studying in.
- you've ever worn out a library card.
- you find taking notes in a park relaxing.
- you find yourself citing sources in conversation.
- you've ever sent a personal letter with footnotes.
- you can analyze the significance of appliances you cannot operate.
- your office is better decorated than your apartment.
- you have ever, as a folklore project, attempted to track the progress of your own joke across the Internet.
- you are startled to meet people who neither need nor want to read.
- you have ever brought a scholarly article to a bar.
- you rate coffee shops by the availability of outlets for your laptop.
- everything reminds you of something in your discipline.
- you have ever discussed academic matters at a sporting event.
- you have ever spent more than $50 on photocopying while researching a single paper.
- there is a microfilm reader in the library that you consider "yours."
- you actually have a preference between microfilm and microfiche.
- you can tell the time of day by looking at the traffic flow at the library.
- you look forward to summers because you're more productive without the distraction of classes.
- you regard ibuprofen as a vitamin.
- you consider all papers to be works in progress.
- professors don't really care when you turn in work anymore.
- you find the bibliographies of books more interesting than the actual text.
- you have given up trying to keep your books organized and are now just trying to keep them all in the same general area.
- you have accepted guilt as an inherent feature of relaxation.
- you find yourself explaining to children that you are in "20th grade".
- you start refering to stories like "Snow White et al."
- you often wonder how long you can live on pasta without getting scurvy.
- you look forward to taking some time off to do laundry.
- you have more photocopy cards than credit cards.
- you wonder if APA style allows you to cite talking to yourself as "personal communication".
- you have a favourite flavour of instant noodle.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
You know you're a grad student when...
Tags: funny lists
BOY : May I hold your hand? GIRL : No thanks, it isn't heavy GIRL : Say you love me! Say you love me! BOY : You love me... GIRL : If w...
Who says today’s kids aren’t smart? Well, some of them are! I wish I’d thought of this ... At a high school in Montana a group of stu...
Albert Einstein is best mind known to human. He was the most Intellectual person ever. But still he had a funny side to him. Following are s...
1. I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either. 2. I ...
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot. Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in...
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much lea...