- In the two week period leading up to Valentine’s Day, American sales of gold jewelry lead to 34 million metric tons of waste.
- The vast majority of roses sold for Valentine’s Day in the U.S. are imported from South America, wasting fossil fuels.
- Valentine’s Day traces its roots to an ancient pagan holiday called Lupercalia, in which men stripped naked, grabbed whips, and spanked young women in hopes of increasing their fertility.
- The Christian martyr St. Valentine was beheaded on February 14 for performing marriages in secret.
- Research suggests that 75 percent of suicide attempts are attributable to relationship problems.
- 46 percent of Americans will exchange Valentine’s Day candy.
- 67 percent of Americans are overweight or obese.
- The first Valentine’s Day card was sent by Charles, Duke of Orleans, to his wife while he was imprisoned in the Tower of London. He remained a prisoner of war for the next twenty-four years.
- A recent poll found that one in ten young adults admitted to feeling lonely, insecure, depressed, or unwanted on Valentine’s Day. And that’s just the ones that admitted it.
- Forty percent of people have negative feelings towards Valentine’s Day.
- The famous St. Valentine’s Day Massacre, in which seven Chicago gangsters were gunned down on February 14, 1929, was one of the bloodiest in mob history.
- 64 percent of American men do not make Valentine’s Day plans in advance.
- Candy hearts taste like crap.
- Even if you’re really, really in love right now, you’re still going to die eventually.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Miserable Facts About Valentine's Day
BOY : May I hold your hand? GIRL : No thanks, it isn't heavy GIRL : Say you love me! Say you love me! BOY : You love me... GIRL : If w...
Who says today’s kids aren’t smart? Well, some of them are! I wish I’d thought of this ... At a high school in Montana a group of stu...
Albert Einstein is best mind known to human. He was the most Intellectual person ever. But still he had a funny side to him. Following are s...
1. If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out. 2. Age is a very high price to pay for maturity. 3. Going to church doesn...
1. I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either. 2. I ...
Q - Why is it called a TV set when there's only one? Q - If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as ...
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much lea...
NICKNAMES If Laura, Kate and Sarah go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Kate and Sarah. If Mike, Dave and John go out, they...
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot. Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in...