- "A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy." --Joseph Campbell
- "A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila." --Mitch Ratliffe
- "A human being is a computer's way of making another computer. Yes, we are their sex organs." --Solomon Short
- "All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer." --IBM maintenance manual, 1925
- "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers." --Pablo Picasso
- "Computers will never take the place of books. You can't stand on a floppy disk to reach a high shelf." --Sam Ewing
- "Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to virgins." --Robert Heinlein (in The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
- "Hardware: the parts of a computer that can be kicked." --Jeff Pesis
- "It was not so very long ago that people thought that semiconductors were part-time orchestra leaders and microchips were very small snack foods." --Geraldine Ferraro
- "Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ...and the only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor." --Wernher von Braun
- "No computer has ever been designed that is ever aware of what it's doing; but most of the time, we aren't either." --Marvin Minsky
- "One thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse." --Jack Handey
- "There is only one satisfying way to boot a computer." --J.H. Goldfuss
- "They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction." --Janet Reno
- "The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." --Nathaniel Borenstein
- "To err is human -- and to blame it on a computer is even more so." --Robert Orben
- "Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea -- massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." --Gene Spafford
- "Wow! They've got the Internet on computers now!" --Homer Simpson
Friday, October 22, 2010
We've all seen the Bill Gates line(though he denies saying it.), "640K [of RAM] ought to be enough for anybody", so how about some wisdom from others who were a tad more accurate?
Tags: Funny Sayings
BOY : May I hold your hand? GIRL : No thanks, it isn't heavy GIRL : Say you love me! Say you love me! BOY : You love me... GIRL : If w...
Who says today’s kids aren’t smart? Well, some of them are! I wish I’d thought of this ... At a high school in Montana a group of stu...
Albert Einstein is best mind known to human. He was the most Intellectual person ever. But still he had a funny side to him. Following are s...
1. If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out. 2. Age is a very high price to pay for maturity. 3. Going to church doesn...
1. I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either. 2. I ...
Q - Why is it called a TV set when there's only one? Q - If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as ...
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much lea...
NICKNAMES If Laura, Kate and Sarah go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Kate and Sarah. If Mike, Dave and John go out, they...
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot. Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in...